Not at the Healthy Living Summit today? Here’s how you can follow along with the conversation from your very own home:
- Follow along with Emily’s live blog of the session
- Follow @saltedplates & @healthychels on Twitter as they live tweet the session using the #HLS13Brands hashtag
Check out the session description and speaker bio below:
New to the blogging business and wondering how to get the attention of brands you admire? Or for more seasoned bloggers, does it seem like every brand out there is courting you but there simply isn’t enough time in the day to do it all?
Whatever your situation, this session will open a dialogue about the best practices for building meaningful and lasting relationships with brands from the people who know best. Leading brand marketers, PR professionals and bloggers will come together for an engaging discussion on best practices from all perspectives. Topic highlights include:
- Just Say No: Not every brand is the right fit for your blog. Learn how to know what is a good fit and also how to say “no” in order to say “yes” to the right opportunities.
- Call Me, Maybe: Sometimes the best relationships are ones bloggers proactively initiate with a brand. Discuss how to be proactive and reach the brands you admire and really want to work with.
- Keep it Above Board: Take part in a quickie review of FTC guidelines to protect you and your blog.
- Show me the Money: Of course, everyone wants to know how to monetize their blog, but if we’re talking about “relationships,” this has to go beyond a paycheck, right? Let’s discuss what value both bloggers and brands bring to the table and how everyone can come out feeling richer.
Stonyfield, Chandra Carson
As Communications Project Manager, Chandra Carson is the woman behind social media and public relations for YoBaby, YoToddler and YoKids. As a new(ish) mom herself, she’s passionate about sharing with other parents the newest and most relevant information about making healthy choices for their little ones. That includes working closely with the Yo-Getters, a group of over 75 blogger moms who are passionate about organic food and the Stonyfield brand. And just like this group of dynamic women, Chandra advocates the same message: We’re all invested in feeding our families in a healthy way, one spoonful at a time.
Tiffany Gale, HHC, LE is Applegate’s Digital and Social Media Manager and a certified health counselor with a BSBA in Marketing and CIS. At Applegate, Tiffany specializes in innovative marketing strategies to increase the company’s visibility, website traffic, and brand awareness through integrated marketing campaigns including email marketing, blogging, social media, SEO, and online advertising. Key to this strategy is establishing relationships with bloggers and online influencers, who help to advocate for the brand and generate awareness via their blogs and social media channels.
Tiffany has worked with companies such as www.foodfacts.com, and has worked one-on-one with nutrition clients. She is passionate about gluten-free eating, inspiring others to reach optimal health through their nutritional choices, green juice, social media, and dancing!
On Tap for Today Blogger, Elizabeth D’Ascensao
Elizabeth D’Ascensao has successfully partnered with over 30 brands since starting her blog, On Tap for Today, in 2009. Elizabeth enjoys writing about fitness, entertaining, and life in Boston while balancing her blog with a career as Executive Director of an international non-profit organization. She has been featured in Fitness Magazine, Whole Foods Magazine, on Boston.com, and in other local media.
360 Public Relations, Victoria Renwick
Whether visiting her local farmer’s market, whipping up homemade baby food or reading her favorite food blogs, Victoria Renwick is immersed in healthy living and has the pleasure to work with some of the best brands in that space, helping them reach fans like herself through PR and social media. As Senior Vice President of 360PR’sHealthy Living practice, Victoria and her team represent a roster of clients that are better-for-you and better-for-the-planet, from the garden to the grocery store to the kitchen and everywhere in between –Stonyfield, Balance Bar, Ball® brand Canning, Nasoya,Kretschmer Wheat Germ and Peapod by Stop & Shop, among others.