Women are always looking to learn how to reduce arm fat. This is especially true in the spring and summer as popular fashion includes many sleeveless options. Having to carefully select your clothes due to an embarrassing physical feature is one of the most stressful parts of shopping for a woman.
How you attempt to reduce arm fat depends on your BMI. If you BMI is over 25, you should combine a general exercise program and diet plan in addition to the specific arm exercises listed later in this article.
Even if your BMI is in the low 20’s, the best approach is to strive to achieve a healthy body tone body with overall weight and cardio training along with a calorie restricted diet to provide better arm definition.
There are several items to keep in mind while losing weight. One is that your body still requires adequate basic nutrition on any diet. For example severe caloric reduction does not usually result in successful long-term weight loss. When the body is denied nutrition it often goes into what is referred to as starvation mode. During this process the body will store most everything that is consumed. It is essential to consume calories that provide the required daily requirements of vitamins and minerals.
Additional nutrition tips to reduce arm fat:
- It is important to drink plenty of fresh water every day. Water is an essential soldier in the body’s battle against toxins. Fatty tissue is considered a toxin and an abundance of toxins causes premature aging.
- Include lots of fresh fruits and veggies in the diet. Both contain large amounts of vitamins and minerals, especially in the fresh, raw form
- Avoid processed grains and snacks. It is better to consume whole grains instead. For example, eat whole grain, pasta and rice instead of over processed white rice or enriched pasta. Enriched is very often a misnomer.
- Lean meats not only help individuals reduce body fat, they are good for heart health. Lean chicken and fish have large amounts of pure, complete proteins. Fish contains omega-3s and, again depending upon the method of preparation, almost no Trans fats.
- On a vegan note, there are numerous foods that may be consumed to receive appropriate amounts of healthy protein. Beans and whole grain rice are commonly suggested. A couple other recommendations that are rising in popularity are soy and quinoa.
Exercises to Eliminate Arm Fat
Eliminating the flab on the back of the arm should not be considered a spot treatment. All fat burning exercises actually will remove body fat evenly around your entire body. So your first step in exercising to eliminate arm fat is to start a consistent 30 minute per day cardiovascular workout.
How to Reduce Arm Fat with toning exercises:
- Simple, traditional push-ups are an excellent exercise to tone triceps. Many women neglect this exercise and tend to stick to sit-ups. They believe that incorporating push-ups into an exercise routine will cause them to appear bulky or too muscular. This is not true and is one of the best exercise to tone the arms.
- Dips also target the back of the arm. Start by placing the palms of the hands on the edge of the seat on a stable chair which has been situated behind the back. Slowly lower the body to the floor then raise it again. This should cause a stretching sensation and a tautness in the back of the arm. The best goal is to aim for doing this one full minute at a time.