If you have put on a few more pounds recently, you may have been able to hide it by carefully selecting your clothes. However, you have probably found hiding the fat on your neck is pretty challenging unless you are wearing a turtleneck sweater everyday. So if are ready to put away the turtlenecks, read about the 3 keys on How to Lose Neck Fat and kiss the double chin good-bye.
How to Lose Neck Fat
- Low fat / high nutrition diet
- Aerobic exercise
- Neck targeted exercises
The first 2 keys to losing neck fat are critical if you have a BMI over 25. While you may wish there was a secret targeted fat burning exercise or diet, the truth is that the body chooses where it deposits their extra fat so a good overall fat burning diet and exercise program is the foundation of how to lose neck fat plus some special targeted neck exercises to tone and tighten your neck line.
Do you have chubby cheeks? Check out how to get rid of chubby cheeks.
Tips to lose neck fat
- Cut your daily calories by 300 or 400 hundred by avoiding empty calories and highly processed foods. Instead substitute healthy snacks such as almonds and dried fruit. A pound equals 3,500 calories so cutting 350 calories per day will help you safely and steadily lose about 1 pound every week and a half.
Want to accelerate your weight lose and fat reduction? Combined it with tip #2
- Start or increase your daily aerobic exercise. Activities such as running, hiking, or cycling can easily elevate your heat rate to above 120 beats per minute and put your body into the “fat burning zone”. Most people will burn about 400 calories in 30 minute “fat burning” workout. 2 or 3 days is the minimal amount to see a slow effect while 5 or 6 times per week will significantly boost your rate of fat loss.
The final tip to help you lose neck fat is to target the area directly.
- Complete regular neck flexion and stretching exercises to improve the tone and appearance of your neck.
Neck Flexion exercises – step by step:
- Stand up straight with your feet should width apart
- Using your neck muscles, bring your chin down towards your chest. Focus on your muscle groups to get the full benefit and avoid allowing simple gravity to pull your chin into place. Hold for 15 seconds.
- Next, look upwards to the sky. Gentle but continuously attempt to extend your neck and chin higher and higher. You should feel a tension and eventually burn in the front and sides of your neck. Stretch upwards for 15 seconds and return to step A and relax for 15 seconds.
Repeat this simple neck exercise 10 to 12 times each day to slowly tone and tighten your neck.
By following these 3 simple steps, you should see a slow but steady reduction in the appearance of neck fat. If you need some additional motivation, see how to stay motivated to lose weight.