Did you know that this September we’ll be gathering together at Summit number five?!? We’re introducing Top 5 Lists throughout the months leading up to #HLS13 in celebration of the FIFTH year of Summits!! We’ll cover lots of topics along the way, some basic and general, others detailed and specific; each of the lists looking forward to a great fifth year together in the Twin Cities!
Top 5 Reasons We’re Excited to Visit the Cities in September
1. Minnesota is a state the Summit has never been before and we’re already diving in learning as much as we can about the great new experiences that lie ahead of us.
2. This one is basically a given; Twin Cities = two cities, Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. Double the cities means double the fun to be had, right? We are sure it’s going to be a fine adventure in September!
3. Speaking of September…you may have noticed that HLS weekend has jumped backwards on the calendar a bit. The new dates just so happen to reflect a beautiful season in the Twin Cities area; historic average temperatures come in with a low/high of 55/73 degrees. We’re sure we’ll be thankful for the pleasant weather while we complete group training runs and outdoor fitness activities, go site seeing together, find patio seating for drinks, and do we all we can to enjoy the cities!
4. Which brings us to this: Enjoying our time in Minneapolis/St.Paul to the masses should be extra easy this fall. First off, both of the twins are known for having super walkable downtown areas and surrounding neighborhoods. And with the Light Rail transportation system now running from downtown Minneapolis to major site seeing locations like the Mall of America, Metrodome, Target Field and what surely makes many visitors happy, The Airport, getting around isn’t going to be too much of a problem.
5. The Twin Cities are the 16th largest metropolitan area in the country. With stats like that, there is BOUND to be something fun for everyone to check out. As far as we can tell from the info we’ve gathered thus far about the area, that assumption seems to be true – there are attractions, establishments, and events happening all over the cities to fit every personality and style. There is so much going on in Minneapolis and St. Paul to get excited about!!
In future Top 5 lists we’ll be sharing interesting Twin Cities’ businesses, events, attractions and more! Stay in touch by following us on Twitter at @HLSummit and joining the conversation on our Facebook page!
Your HLS Planning Team