- Water Flush: Hydration is key to digestion. Colon cleansing can be done by drinking six to eight glasses per day of lukewarm fluid. Fresh fruits and vegetables rich in water, such as tomatoes and watermelon, are also helpful.
- Saltwater flush You can mix two teaspoons of pink salt or sea salt with lukewarm, empty stomach water. This stimulates colon movement in a matter of minutes. It can be repeated up to twice daily.
- High-Fiber Diet: Fiber, an essential nutrient, is found in whole, healthy plants like fruits, vegetables and grains. Fibres are important for bulking up excess colon matter. Fibres can help regulate constipation and overactive bowels. They can also increase beneficial bacteria.
- Lemon water with honey: Combine fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey and a pinch of salt in warm water. Take it on an empty stomach and drink it in the morning.
- Juices, smoothies, and juices include fasts and cleanses that combine vegetable and fruit juices. Colon cleansing is easier with juices made from aloe vera, lemons, apples and lemons. They are also rich in nutrients that are good for the body.
- Probiotics: Probiotics aid in cleansing the colon and boosting good bacteria. Good probiotic foods include yoghurt, pickles and apple cider vinegar.
- Herbal Teas: Some herbal teas can help with digestive health. Laxative herbs such as psyllium and aloe vera may aid with constipation.
- Ginger: Ginger stimulates digestion. You can add it to juices and Tea and even eat it straight. You can mix one teaspoon of honey and ginger juice with one cup of warm water. You can have this once or twice daily.
- Fish Oil: Fish Oils can also be used as Supplements. They are rich in omega-3 Fatty Acids, which can be used to cleanse the colon.
- Colon cleansing: Keeping your colon clean by not eating is an option. It aids the liver and kidneys in eliminating harmful toxins. Fasting, water, fresh vegetable juices or fresh fruit juices can all help.
Why does a colon cleanse?
A colon cleansing is an act or procedure of cleaning out the large intestine. Professional colonic hygienists can do these procedures.
Although there is not enough research to support colon cleansing’s benefits, it’s a method that clears the colon of stagnant or supposedly toxic waste.
A colon could have many benefits.
- Positive mental outlook
- Immune system improvement
- Weight loss
- Colon Cancer Risk Reduction
You can also do it at home with certain oral medications.
What is colon cleansing?
Colon cleansing dates back to ancient days. Recently, it has become very popular. Is it safe?
The colon can also be called your large intestine or large bowel. It is a part of your digestive process and breaks down food.
A colon cleansing is done in preparation for medical procedures like a colectomy. Some alternative medicine practitioners believe that colon cleansing can help detoxify your body.
Colon cleansing products can be used, or colonic irrigation (colonic Hydrotherapy) can be used.
Colonic irrigation is where fluids are pumped through the rectum using a tube. It can deliver up to 60 litres. This process is repeated many times. This is not an enema. It injects a smaller amount of fluid each time it enters your colon.
The colon cleanse is not the same thing as a colonoscopy. Your doctor will examine your colon to look for abnormalities and screen for colon cancer. The colonoscope, a long flexible tube, is inserted into the rectum. The camera inside the tube allows your doctor to see your colon.
Are colon cleansers safe?
Colon cleansing products can be less intrusive than colonic irrigation. However, these colon cleansers can be dangerous.
Side effects may include:
- Abdominal pain
- Electrolyte Disorders
Federal Trade Commission and FDA have declared that certain colon cleansers may not be safe. The FDA and Federal Trade Commission have reprimanded some companies that sell cleansing and detox products. Some products contain potentially dangerous or illegal ingredients. False claims were made about the cure of serious diseases in other products.
Colonic irrigation poses even greater risks. Infections can spread from one patient to the next if the equipment is not properly sterilized.
There are also other risks:
- Kidney failure
Some herbs used in colon cleansing have been shown to cause liver toxicity and aplastic anaemia.
Case reports have also reported serious complications like:
- Air emboli are air bubbles found in veins or arteries.
- Inflammation in the colon’s inner line ( colitis).
- Your pelvis is stuffed with pus
- Tears in your rectum
- Deaths are caused by amebiasis, an infection in the intestines that is caused by a parasite
FDA has not approved any non-medical devices for colon cleansing. The FDA doesn’t regulate any colon cleansing additives.
Colon cleansing can be more dangerous for people who have a history of:
- colon surgery
- severe haemorrhoids
- Gastrointestinal Disease
- Heart disease
- kidney disease
How your body naturally detoxifies
- Toxins can enter your body through what you eat, drink, and how you touch your skin. Your body also makes toxins during metabolism.
- These toxins can be transformed and eliminated from your body by:
- Defecate (pass stools)
- Not all bacteria are bad. Your gastrointestinal system needs beneficial bacteria for digestion. Colon cleansing can disrupt the balance of beneficial bacteria and lead to more problems.
Take precautions during colon cleansing.
- Talk to your doctor if you are still interested in a colon cleansing. If you take medication or have any health issues, this is a good idea.
- These are some other things to consider before you do a colon cleansing.
- Learn about the herbs and other additives that are used.
- Get water before and after.
- Colonic Hydrotherapy is a procedure that requires the use of disposable equipment.
- Instead, consider natural ways to improve your colon health.
How to improve your colon health
- These are some ways to improve colon health.
- Get plenty of water.
- Every day, eat five to nine portions of fruits and vegetables.
- To keep your bowels healthy, eat a high-fibre food
- Consume berries, garlic and onions. Green Tea is also good.
- Red meat is best avoided.
- To improve your gut health, eat naturally fermented foods. These include yogurt, sauerkraut, kefir, and kimchi.
- Exercise regularly
- Do not smoke alcohol. Colon cancer has been linked to tobacco and alcohol consumption.
- Regular colonoscopies are necessary to detect and remove any precancerous polyps.